Learning and Work Institute (L&W) is taking the outbreak of coronavirus seriously and is aware of the growing concerns from customers regarding the outbreak and the potential impact on business operations across the United Kingdom.
Therefore, this guidance applies to attendees of L&W events taking place in England, Wales and Scotland.
We have implemented a number of proactive initiatives within our contracting of event suppliers and terms and conditions as well as taking heed of Government recommendations and will continue to monitor government guidance in relation to this issue.
Your questions answered:
L&W will assess each event on a case by case basis. We will endeavour to inform participants (via email) whether an event is progressing as planned, postponed or cancelled a soon as we can.
Should I put off booking onto events?
No, it’s best to ensure you have a place at one of our popular events, especially if it’s one of our free to attend events as these are always very popular. If you are booking onto a paid event, then we have updated our terms and conditions to reflect the current situation. Delaying your registration may risk you not being able to obtain a place or cause the event to be cancelled.
What happens if my event is postponed or cancelled?
If we cancel the event, you are entitled to a full refund. We will endeavour to give you at least two weeks’ notice.
If the event is postponed, attendees will be informed, and options presented. For example, we will offer to transfer your registration to the new date, a virtual event, or if you are unable to make the new date being offered, we will accept a name replacement or will provide a credit note for you to attend an alternative event that may be of interest .
Do I get a refund if I cancel my attendance?
- If you cancel your booking due to illness or you are in self-isolation, then we can accept a replacement name at any time (even on the day!).
- If you cancel your booking more than 5 working days before the event, we will offer a full refund.
- If cancellation takes place within 5 working days of the event and Government guidelines do not recommend closures and we have assessed that the event is deemed safe to proceed, no refund will be given but we will accept a name replacement or will provide a credit note for you to attend an alternative event that may be of interest
- Refunds will be considered on a case by case basis and the customer will need to provide a declaration of ‘cancellation due to illness/self- isolation’ on your company headed paper and signed by your HR team.
- If we cancel the event, you are entitled to a full refund.
Let us know your circumstances. We are happy to talk through your options so you may make an informed and responsible decision. Email L&W Events and we will call you back.